Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Little Somethin' I Whipped Up Over Night!!

What a lie!! The nursery has been something I have been working on for a while. Since April actually! When things were going south with my first referral I pretty much had to shut it off. It was difficult for me to go in there. When I got my second referral I was again motivated to finish it. When I didn't pass court, again it was unbearable. I really didn't start working on it again until the courts reopened. So, this last weekend I finished it, except for the dimmer switch that will be put in on Friday.

And yes, I did paint it all myself!! It helps to be an art teacher, you know how to cheat!!










So I leave you with the nursery since I am leaving for Ethiopia on Saturday morning. I can't believe this is really happening! I hope Eli enjoys his room because he's going to be the only 17 year old with a jungle themed room!








13 comments:

Diane Larson said...

Wow, Christy. Did you paint all of that? My daughter will laugh when she sees the elephant. She says that elephants haunt her, ever since she broke her foot falling off one. True story. Two days!
Diane

emily said...

Just beautiful! I cant wait to see him in it!

Jillienne said...

Fantastic!

How did you do it? I can't wait to see pictures of you and Eli together!

Have a awesome journey!

Melissa said...

What a great jungle room!!! Did you paint it all yourself?

Kellyann said...

Awesome Job!

Jocelyn said...

I love it, and am so excited that you are finally leaving...sorry I never got back to you on the outfit, my sister couldn't find a pic to remember how old the boys were when they wore it!!

Hauswife said...

What a KNOCK OUT room! He's going to LOVE it!

Lisa said...

LOVE it and can't wait to see it in person! Eli will have the best nursery in town!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

LOVE it and can't wait to see it in person! Eli will have the best nursery in town!!!!!!!

RossVix said...

Man! Whose the artist? Did you paint all of that. Wowsers!

You leave on Saturday? Christy, have a safe trip. We are thinking of you up here in Bellingham and really waiting for the first photos of you together with your son.

Blessings to you Christy
Vicki

Judy said...

WOW!!! I Love it! Little Eli will be right at home, in his new home. Have a safe journey to Ethiopia, and we are so happy for you! See you in Feb.

Beth said...

What a beautiful room.

susan said...

You're there? Now? Wow!!! It is really happening! I'm wishing you all the best as you are united with your son! Happy, safe travels and I'm looking forward to more photos soon!!