Friday, November 7, 2008

Elias Tariku King!!!

I cannot believe it! I am still in shock!! Today the Ethiopian courts awarded me the legal parent of Elias Tariku!! It has been a very long and hard road and I was really starting to believe that this wasn't going to happen for me! Yesterday marked eight months since I accepted my first referral whom I named Elijah. Although I still think about him everyday, I know Elias was meant to be my son (wow! I have a son!). On July 1st, I was shown this picture of Elias;




I knew he was meant to be my son because his birth mother named him Elias. Elias is the Greek translation of the name Elijah! He is so handsome!!!




This photo I received from the agency the day I accepted the referral.

This photo was taken by Lisa who was able to make it to the Thomas Center when she travelled to bring home her beautiful daughter Zaela Rose!


This is the most recent photo I have of Elias, taken about a month and a half ago. I can't even imagine how big he is now!!





Thank you to all of my family, friends, and blogging family that have supported me and kept the hope alive when I thought there was none left!

21 comments:

Heather said...

OMG he is so beautiful. I have been checking your blog all day to see photos of him. I am so happy for you. You will hopefully have him home soon.

Jillienne said...

He is stunning!!! Absolutely fabulous! I am so happy for you! Congratulations Mommy!

The Nanny holding him in one of your pictures was Emersyn's main nanny! She is sooooo wonderful, we cried and cried together when picked Emersyn up!

Congratulations again, Whooo-Hooo,
Jillienne

Julie said...

Hooray!!!! He is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Jocelyn said...

He is so beautiful Christy!! I am so so happy for you. You are really a Mommy!! WOOOHOOO!! By the way...that last picture he is wearing one of my nephew's outfits that we donated when we were there...it looks so sweet on him!! Now on to travel, get that boy home so he and Pacey can meet one day!!

RossVix said...

Christy

YES. YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy. He is beautiful. CHRISTY! I am so incredibly happy for you.

Happy tears
Vicki

Diane Larson said...

Christy,
How old is your handsome boy?? It would be amazing if you could travel Thanksgiving week and we could meet up. I wonder how many embassy dates they give out per week.
Congratulations!!!
Diane

Clive and Dawn said...

Congrats Christy! wonderful news!!

Lisa said...

I can't even tell you how happy I am for you and Elias! I am looking forward to you getting him home so we can watch our kids grow up together while we stay forever young:-))))) YaY!!!!!!!!! I am so so HAPPY for YOU!!!!

Kate said...

Congratulations! I look forward to following your journey! He is simply beautiful and I love his name!

Kerri said...

I've heard all about your difficulties from Jocelyn and I just wanted to add my congrats!!!

Hauswife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous son!!! I'm so happy for you. Hooray!

Melissa said...

He is so precious...I know you are just beside yourself!!!! Congratulations Mama!

Judy said...

Christy!!!! We have been waiting for such a long time. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Zaela and
Elias will be so happy, playing together.

SisterMom said...

YAY!!! He is sooo cute! I talked to my mom who is in ET right now for business and told her you passed and she was sooo happy for you too!!

susan said...

What a cutie! I am truly so happy for you and for Elias! You will make a wonderful family! Best of luck as you prepare to travel!

los cazadores said...

AAAHHH!!!! I can't believe I didn't see this before!! CONGRATS!! He is SO beautiful!!!! I am so happy for you!

Cindy

Peculiar Smith Family said...

I saw your great news on Lisa's blog and stopped by to say congratulations! So happy that your day has finally come! Elias is beautiful!

Zen is in said...

He is so beautiful. My friend Melissa has been in contact with you. Im her friend out here in California. She was telling me all about your experience so Ive been checking your blog waiting to see photos! Congratulations mom. Thank you for being so sweet to Ben and Melissa as well. :-) Angie

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What a journey for you. Hoping for a quick & uncomplicated travel date to go get your SON!!!!!!

Beth said...

Congratulations! What a precious baby boy.

Kellyann said...

Awesome! What a sweet little man you have. I can't wait to see you two united together in Ethiopia.