Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fate

It is approximately 7:30 am Thursday, October 23rd in Ethiopia. In a few short hours, a judge will decide my fate as well as the fate of an eight month old baby boy whom, since July 1st have considered my son. Not a day has gone by that I haven't wondered what he is doing. Is he happy? Is he sad? Is he getting enough attention? Is he feeling well today? This judge may be sitting at home drinking his/her morning coffee, perhaps reading the newspaper. Does this judge know that the future of two people are in his/her hands? Whatever the outcome, two lives are about to be changed forever.

3 comments:

Jesi and Joe said...

Oh Christy! I sooooo hope you've received news by now... and that you and your son have finally been legally declared a family! Let me know if you need to talk...

Sarah said...

keeping you in my thoughts.

RossVix said...

Christy
I have been thinking of you all day...checking in with your blog...worrying...hoping...

You are in our thoughts. We await your next blog update.

We're with you
Vicki