Thursday, August 14, 2008

Parrot Lady

It is a well known fact that there are many wild parrots living in Southern California. Every morning I wake up to the obnoxious sound of twenty to thirty parrots squawking outside my window. After the recent turn of events with my Ethiopian adoption, I have decided that I am going to adopt the wild parrots of Southern California! Yes, they are loud and obnoxious, but wouldn't you be if you had no one to love you? No real place to call home!?! I' d be killing two birds with one stone! (not literally!) I'd be providing a loving and nurturing home for homeless parrots while fulfilling my inner desire to become a mother!



(actual parrots photographed outside my home!)


(yes, they are green and red!)


Just like that crazy old lady that lives up the street. You know, the one that hoards and has at least fifty cats! That's me! Except with the wild parrots! I even have a theme song "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins!


(age enhanced photo of me forty years from now!)

Then I started thinking, how can I befriend the parrots AND benefit others? Well, parrots can talk right? So why don't I teach the parrots to speak Amharic!! Just think, you could have one of your very own Amharic speaking parrots that was once an orphan, to entertain and educate your children at the same time!

C'mon Lisa, I know you are imagining yourself taking your evening walk, Hermie in her Beco, and a bright green Amharic speaking parrot on your shoulder!!!

If I am not immediately available by email or phone, don't worry, I'll get back to you. I'm just busy chasing down the neighborhood parrots!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I would like to order a parrot please! a green one :-) Christy you are hilarious and I love that you are keeping your spirits up. you go girl.
Dawn

Jocelyn said...

I am glad to hear some funny stuff on here...I have been worried about you...keep it coming!!! Oh, and I would buy a parrot:-)

Lisa said...

I still don't believe you! I think you are seeing Parrots!!! We will go "Parrot watching" when I get back from ET!