Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Heartbroken is an Understatement...

Today the judge refused to overturn her original decision in granting the adoption for Baby King. None of this really makes sense. How can anyone think that it is better for a child to grow up in an orphanage? Doesn't every child deserve a loving family? I am writing this through my tears, hurt and frustration. I know that I have lots of family and friends who will help me through this. What about all of those children in this world who have nothing?

My agency said that they are able to appeal one more time. Of course, no guarantees and this won't happen until after the courts reopen in October. If not successful, then I will be given yet another referral.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have given me unlimited support. Without you guys I probably wouldn't have made it this far and probably wouldn't have the strength to continue.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Christy~
I was so sad when you gave me your news this morning. I know you are heartbroken, give yourself the time you need to feel all of your emotions and when you are ready, re-focus your energy on the fact that you will be a mom soon. Just hang in there,,,you helped me get through my lows... I am here for you! HUGS,,, Lisa

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I don't have words to make you feel better but know I am thinking of you and am here for you. I agree with Lisa...you will be a Mom one day.

Jillienne said...

Christy,

There are no words, but I wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you....

Jillienne

susan said...

Oh, Christy. I am so very sorry that this has all happened -- I wish that it at least made sense, but like you say, it doesn't. Hang in there and know that there is a baby out there waiting for you. It will happen!! I'm thinking of you.
Susan

Hauswife said...

Oh no, I'm so very sorry! What utter foolishness! The others are right -- you'll be a mom soon and that's what you can find joy in. So sorry for all of this, though.

RossVix said...

Christy
I am so incredibly sad and sorry. There are a lot of us out here thinking of you ~ and waiting for news on the next step. You will be a mommy. You will. We are thinking of you.

Jesi and Joe said...

Christy, I can't imagine how frustrating and painful this is for you on so many levels. It's so hard to understand why things like this happen.

Here for you... keep your chin up and KNOW you'll have your baby in your arms soon. Feel free to email me if you need to chat!

Judy said...

Hi Christy,,,, I read your blog just about every day, hoping for good news, BUT, WE are here for you and think of you each day. Your good news will come soon, and just hang in there!!!

Sarah said...

christy,
i'm so sorry to hear this happened- I can't imagine the level of stress you've been dealing with. this rule doesn't seem to be applied across the board, so maybe your next chance will overturn the ruling. keeping you in my thoughts.

Craig and Cindy said...

I'm really sorry to read of these disheartening travails. It looks like you have been through a lot. I hope you find comfort some peace while you wait.

Wishing you well,

Cindy