Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Worse!

Today I have had to face the reality that my adoption for Baby Boy King #2 may not happen. Apparently Ethiopia may be changing some of its adoption rules. One of them being that a child cannot have a living birth parent. MOWA wrote the required letter to complete the adoption with a negative statement about a living birthparent. The judge who heard his case understood the letter as a denial from MOWA. Tomorrow I will find out if my in-country rep can convince the judge to overturn the original decision. If not, this beautiful baby boy will grow up in an Ethiopian orphanage. How can this be fair?

7 comments:

susan said...

Oh, Christy, how can this be happening?! So has this rule actually been passed? This will sure slow down adoptions. How sad for all of the children who, like you say, will end up growing up in orphanages! I'm still hopeful that Abdissa can do something. Let's hope!

Jocelyn said...

Christy, I've been thinking about you a lot today...just wanted to let you know that I am checking in often. I hope you get good news this week and have your baby in your arms very soon.

Hauswife said...

It's not! Like Susan said, HOPE! I'm praying that an exception can be made for you and your little guy.

It was great to meet you this weekend, by the way!

Lisa said...

So sorry Christy...I hope things are straightened out and you get your little guy home SOON! My little Zaela needs her playmate!

Judy said...

Christy,, this is so sad, how can this happen, before these rulings are legal. No luck at all,, I think about you each day, and hope this is the day for some "GOOD NEWS". Life is not fair!

RossVix said...

Christy

I can't believe this turn of events. I'm so sorry. There are a lot of us out here thinking of you and sending you prayers of hope and strength. I hope with all of my heart that you get good news today.

Jesi and Joe said...

Oh Christy! How frustrating! I hope you get some good news soon. What a difficult and heartbreaking few days. :-(

We loved meeting you at the BU though! So sorry about Livi breaking your necklace... she's a determined little lady! :-)